This year, Motivation Romania Foundation joins the international initiative #GivingTuesday for the first time, to celebrate generosity and social involvement on November 28th.
We are launching the “Abilities Matter” project, which aims to help 200 children and adults who use wheelchairs to regain their independence. To do this, we will provide the unique Abilities Matter starter kit, which includes basic tools and information that help people with disabilities to lead an independent life by:
- Moving around in their wheelchairs, handling and maintaining them in good shape;
- Preventing life-threatening conditions, such as pressure sores and urinary tract infections
- Getting support to learn more about independent living for wheelchair users
- Gaining self confidence
Help us raise 40.000 RON (about 10,175 USD), the amount we need for 200 “Abilities Matter” kits. They will be provided by the regional teams of Motivation Romania Foundation, in 2018, to 200 children and adults with mobility disabilities, together with their first wheelchair or independent living training.
We plan to include information and basic items (exemplified below) that help every beginner in wheelchair handling to become independent, all in a backpack that can be easily carried on the wheelchair:
Wheelchair User’s Guide
Gloves for wheelchair handling
Skin-protection cream to prevent pressure sores, disinfectant solution
Helping hand – a system to allow wheelchair users to catch and grip objects
“Break Isolation” pin
Wheelchair repair kit
Motivation will deliver the kit to the end users through home visits or independent living training sessions.
You can help us in many ways. Choose what suits you and show that Abilities Matter:
- Redirect 20% of the company profit tax until December 31, 2017. Go to http://motivation.ro/en/support-motivation/direct-20-corporate-income-tax/ and find out how easy it is!
- Donate the company’s revenue on #GivingTuesday to Motivation Romania Foundation. This can be part of your CSR budget, deductible according to law.
- Donate 1 RON from the price of each product sold on November 28th.
- Donate directly to http://motivation.ro/en/support-motivation/, via PayPal or Mobilpay
- Make a bank transfer to Motivation Romania Foundation in the bank account:
RO 98 RNCB 0071 0114 2739 0030 open at the Romanian Commercial Bank, Plevnei branch.