The “Gentle Teaching in Romania” project implemented by Motivation Romania Foundation in partnership with Special Olympics Foundation in Romania aims to develop services for people with intellectual and related disabilities using a new method of working in Romania – Gentle Teaching. The project is funded through the EEA grants 2009 – 2014 under the NGO Fund in Romania.
General Objective: Developing services for people with intellectual and associated disabilities using a new method of working in Romania – Gentle Teaching.
Increasing the capacity of 5 non-governmental organizations to provide social services suitable for people with intellectual and related disabilities through the knowledge and use of an innovative method of work – Gentle Teaching.
Raising awareness among parents, specialists, teachers, volunteers, the general public about the integration of people with intellectual and community disabilities.
- Staff involved in care and recovery services for children and young people with intellectual and associated disabilities – 10 people (5 organizations x 2 persons / organization).
- Children and young people with intellectual and associated disabilities receiving services using the Gentle Teaching method – at least 30 beneficiaries of the participating organizations (6 beneficiaries / organization).
- Specialists, parents, volunteers working with children and young people with disabilities – 60 people at the Special Olympics National Games and 90 at the 2 Special Olympics Regional Games.
- Families of children receiving services using the Gentle Teaching method.
- Members of the communities in which the organizations to be trained – local authorities, other non-governmental organizations, journalists, etc.
- Participants at Special Olympics National Games and Special Olympics Regional Games – journalists, various specialists, etc.
1.1 Prepare course support and materials for transferring the Gentle Teaching method to other organizations.
1.2 Training meeting of the 5 organizations in Romania participating in the project to start the training – providing information, help in selecting the staff to attend the course.
1.3 Theoretical training of 10 participating organizations, personally involved in day and / or residential services, using the Gentle Teaching (GT) method in working with people with disabilities.
1.4 Practical training for 10 members of organizations in using the Gentle Teaching method.
1.5 Consulting for each organization in the design / modeling of services based on the Gentle Teaching method.
1.6 Conceiving material about the impact of the Gentle Teaching method on the lives of people with disabilities and organizations that use it.
2.1 Organization of a National Forum for Parents and Specialists in the Special Olympics National Games – presentation of the method and its applications.
2.2 Organizing within Special Olympics Regional Games information sessions for families, teachers, students, volunteers, and the general public.
2.3 Organization of “Open Doors” actions.
2.4 Final promotion meeting.