Aim and objectives
Aim: The project aims to strengthen the capacity of four disability organizations to provide and promote early intervention services for persons with spinal cord injuries based on improved statistical data regarding their real needs.
- Update statistics regarding persons who suffer Spinal Cord Injuries annually in Romania.
- Increase the visibility and capacity of the Applicant and Partners to inform persons with SCI and those without disabilities regarding accident prevention and access to post-traumatic independent living services.
- Test and promote the replication of an innovative early intervention service for independent living of persons with SCI.
- Research regarding the situation of persons affected by spinal cords injuries annually in Romania;
- National information campaign regarding spinal cord injuries – prevention and independent living;
- Train six professionals, equip three organizations and provide new independent living services to 66 persons with spinal cord injuries.
The project addresses people with spinal cord injuries, disability professionals from organizations dedicated to people with spinal cord injuries and persons without disabilities living in Romanie. The direct beneficiaries are one one hand 66 persons with spinal cord injuries, selected by the three partner organizations, who will receive independent living training; this will reduce the isolation that may appear after the accident and will support the inclusion of people with mobility disabilities. On the other hand, 19 disability professionals from organizations dedicated to people with spinal cord injuries, selected by the project partners from the Motivation Romania Foundation teams and public organizations, also represent direct beneficiaries of the project.
The indirect beneficiaries of the project are at least 4000 persons with and without disabilities from all over the country who find out about the abilities of people with disabilities and about the opportunities they have to rediscover these abilities, through the new services developed within the project. This will allow the development of positive attitudes towards people with disabilities on the street, at work, in public institutions, in the future.
For many people with spinal cord injuries, the project will be able to reduce isolation and dependence caused by the lack of local services, lack of access to information/ national services and by negative attitudes.
Asociația Club Sportiv Leii Timișoarei. Its mission is represented by sports for people with disabilities and by the activities organized for these category of public, in order to help their social and professional inclusion. Settled in 2014, the Association aims to provide the following services:
– sports for people with disabilities – organizing training sessions and sports competitions and taking part in internal and international competitions dedicated to this category of public;
– rehabilitation activities for independent living training, including training both for people with disabilities and their personal assistants;
– educational activities, training courses and programs for professional development, especially regarding disability;
– awareness campaigns about disability; campanii de conștientizare privind dizabilitatea;
– identifying, recruiting and assessing people who need medical devices, especially wheelchairs and supporting them to obtain this equipment, as well as adjusting, mentaining and fixing it; also, training for the user and the personal assistant on how to use these medical devices and mobility equipment;
– transportation in rural and urban areas, with means of transportation adapted for people with mobility disabilities.
Asociația Club Sportiv Fii Independent is an NGO which aims to include people with phyisical disabilities throygh adapted sports activities. Besides these, Asociația Club Sportiv Fii Independent aims to organize active rehabilitation activities for independent living, for people with disabilities, activities of identification and recruitment of people who need mobility equipment and supporting them to receive this equipment. In November 2014, within the Association was settled a social business that provides services of adapted transportation, wheelchair service workshop and intermediation of products and services. The social business was developed within the project Abilities Matter in Market Economy, initiated by Motivation Romania Foundation and cofinanced by the European Social Fund, through Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007-2013. Invest in people!
Asociația Clubul Sportiv Supernova Neamț
Settled in 2013, the Association started with sports activities dedicated to wheelchair users. Then, it increased its objectives to include:
– sports for people with disabilities, training sessions and sports competition; attending national and international competitions dedicated to people with mobility disabilities;
– active rehabilitation activities for independent living, training for wheelchair users and their asisstants.
– educational activities, professional development programs and training courses, especially regarding disability;
– awareness campaigns regarding disability;
– identifying, recruiting and assessing people who need medical devices and mobility equipment; supporting them to obtain the equipment, to adjust it for their need, to take care of it and/ or to fix it; training the users and their personal assistants;
– urban and rural transportation with adapted means of transportation for people with mobility disabilities.
Motivation România Foundation
Address: Podișor Street, Nr. 1, Buda Village, Cornetu, Ilfov County
Phone number: 021 448 02 42
Asociația Club Sportiv Leii Timișoarei
Address: Ariadna Street, Nr.1A, Timișoara, Timiș County
Phone: 0735 156 880
|Asociația Club Sportiv Fii Independent
Address: Basarabia Street, Nr. 12, Brașov, Brașov County
Phone number: 0735 355 894
|Asociația Clubul Sportiv Supernova Neamț
Address: Fluierașului Street, Nr. 22, Dumbrava Roșie, Neamț County
Tel.: 0233 280 869
The project Partners for Independent Living Services runs from January 2016 to December 2017 and is co-financed by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union. The total value of the project is 272.590 CHF, out of which 204.113,20 represents the financial support provided by the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation Programme while the contribution of Motivation Romania Foundation contribution is of 68.476,80 CHF.
This website does not necessarily reflect the position of the Swiss government. Responsibility for its content lies entirely with Motivation Romania Foundation.