Do you remember the first years of a child’s life dear to you, the broken words, the curiosity, the naughtiness and the desire to do things alone?
Irina, a little friend of Motivation Romania Foundation, is 2 years old. She lives the joy of doing as many things as possible without help since she received from Motivation Romania Foundation a wheelchair suitable for her, in the form of a donation. With the help of the appropriate wheelchair, she can move independently, play, explore and make friends with other children. It’s easier for her to get to a dear toy or to her brother, for a hug.
Irina was born with amyotrophy, a rare genetic disease that affects the muscles, and therefore needs a wheelchair. The mobility equipment received from Motivation is suitable for her size and this helps her to reach the drive rings and move the wheelchair herself. In addition, it provides postural support and prevents the appearance of deformities and other medical complications, which could occur if the wheelchair was too large.
Her parents are grateful for the freedom of movement that the little girl now enjoys, and her brother is her guide on this journey – he encourages her and teaches her to handle the wheelchair on her own. Now Irina has received a wheelchair in the Wheelchair Fund program, through which Motivation Romania Foundation annually donates approximately 1000 wheelchairs to children and adults with disabilities.
As she grows and her needs change, we will make sure that the wheelchair she uses will be changed, so that it will continue to be a reliable friend.
Every year, hundreds of children and adults lose their mobility in car accidents, swimming, falls from heights or due to medical conditions and need a wheelchair to get around. Often, the wheelchair received is inappropriate, and they do not know how to use it. An improper wheelchair can lead to serious medical complications or even death.
Change the story for children and adults who have lost their mobility!
You can direct 20% of the company’s corporate income tax to Motivation Foundation.
In 2020, by the end of September, Motivation had donated 681 wheelchairs for children and adults with motor disabilities. In 2021, we continue to spin the Wheels of Change. With every 500 lei from sponsorships, we bring to Romania, recondition and donate a wheelchair according to the person who needs it to move. Such a new wheelchair can cost over 10,000 lei, an amount difficult to cover for most people with disabilities in Romania.
Sponsorship gives you back control over a portion of the taxes you would have paid to the state budget anyway!
According to the Law on Sponsorship and the Fiscal Code, sponsorship is deducted from the profit tax due to the state.
In three simple steps you help us #changelives:
1. You can calculate the value of the sponsorship: up to 20% of the profit tax, but not more than 7.5 thousand of the turnover;
2. Fill in the sponsorship contract by December 31, 2020, and send it scanned to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address Str. Podișor, no. 1, sat Buda, Com. Cornetu, Ilfov, in the attention of Iuliana Meseșan;
3. Transfer the sponsorship amount to Motivation Romania Foundation account: RO 98 RNCB 0071 0114 2739 0030 – BCR Plevnei Branch, or in cash, until December 31, 2020.
How can you support us:
- Donate 2 euros every month by SMS, with the text ACTIV 8844;
- Redirect 3.5% of income tax from salaries or pensions;
- Involve your colleagues in the assembly of wheelchairs through dedicated team building.
Thank you for spinning together the wheels of change!